Expo highlights include panels, exhibits, dealmaking, service/product demonstrations and experts from various sectors speaking on hot topics and issues.
Columbus, OH – The 2023 Diaspora Investors Expo, sponsored by One Voice Consortium – Global Diaspora Development Find, announced today that H. E. Lazarus O. Amayo, Kenya’s Envoy to the USA, will be the keynote speaker for this year’s conference. Other keynote speakers will be Richard Ngatia, President of the Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Governor Mutahi Kahiga, the Governor of Nyeri County, a mountainous horse-riding region in Central Kenya.
The in-person event will be held May 5th – 7th at the Hilton Rockville Hotel in Washington, DC.
More Diaspora Expo highlights:
- A Real Estate Panel sponsored by AMG Realtors featuring Real Estate Mogul Andrew Muthee Gitau.
- A Governance and Civil Society Panel sponsored by Watch Democracy Grow, a nonprofit organization established in 2016 after an inspirational speech of President Obama at the African Union summit in 2015. Henrietta Mary will lead the panel.
- A Gala and Awards ceremony will recognize and celebrate exemplary leaders in the Diaspora community and hope to inspire future leaders to work towards the unity of all Diasporans.
Additional Expo Panelists include the following executives from sponsor organizations (topics and titles to be released)
- Dr. Peter Ndiangui, Honorary Ambassador of Nyeri County to Diaspora and Professor at Florida Gulf University.
- Ben Kasue, Board Member at East Africa Chamber of Commerce, fostering economic development between businesses and governmental agencies of East Africa and the U.S.
- Dr. Truphena Choti, Founder of Afrithrive, a Maryland nonprofit building vibrant and thriving African immigrant and minority families through access to nutritious, culturally appropriate food, skills development, and economic opportunity.
- Basil Ajuo of Minnesota Africans United (MAU), a coalition and statewide organization for all African immigrant communities in Minnesota. MAU supports Minnesota’s African Immigrant community with representation from 55 African countries and acts as a connection for the network of African immigrants in Minnesota and for local African immigrant community organizations and small businesses.
- Kevin Machine of Swahili Cultural Institute, a language and cultural institute that promotes the preservation, learning, and knowledge of Swahili and other African languages, cultures and heritage.
- Peter Maina; Geonet Communications
- Dr. Angwenyi; Global Travel Connections
- Dr. Elizabeth Kangethe, Mayor in UK & Beacon of Hope
- Prof. Charles Choti, OVC Director of Governance & Afthrive Co.
- Martin Mark, Kenyans in Jacksonville, Florida
“The Diaspora Investors Expo keynote program sets the tone for the rest of the Expo, and attendees can expect to be inspired by excellent, inspiring and thought-provoking discussions that will come,” said Dr. Robert Chiuri, OVC President.”We’re excited for Expo attendees to get firsthand information and primary knowledge from people on the frontlines of business in East Africa,” he concluded.
Additional speakers and panels are being added to the schedule. For sponsorship information, visit the OVC Website or contact Conference Planning Chair Dr. Jake Ongaki sales@ onevoiceconsortium.org.
Share with Your Networks